Rico Grier im Interview

• Offizieller Beitrag

Rico Grier wurde am 29.03.1982 geboren und kam von der Pfeiffer University in der Saison 2004/2005 zu den Grevenbroich Elephants für die er in 30 Spielen auflief und eine überragende Saison spielte.

Bekanntlich wechselte er in der Saison 2006/2007 nach Düsseldorf und wollte mit dem Team der Magics aufsteigen.

In einem Gespräch mit Lee's Corner ließ Rico Grier die letzten beiden Jahre in Deutschland revue passieren und gibt uns einen kleinen Ausblick auf seine Zukunft in Tschechien.

LC: Did you enjoy your time in Grevenbroich and why did you enjoy it?

Grier: Yes I enjoyed my time in Grevenbroich(G-town).I enjoyed my time there because my teammates were great guys and fun to be with and the fans showed me so much love I just felt right at home!! It was a wonderful experience in Grevenbroich and will always be a special place to me because it was my 1st professional season with the Elephants!

LC: Why did you go the Duesseldorf Magics?

Grier: I went to the Duesseldorf Magics because I had hopes to win the league because the Magics is a good club!

LC: How did you like your time there?

Grier: I enjoyed my time in Duesseldorf!

LC: What was the toughest team you played against in the 06/07 season?

Grier: Toughest team to play against was by far Goettingen!

LC: Were you satisfied with the results of the 06/07 season? If not,what could have been improved?

Grier: I was not satisfied with the results from last season. We just could not find the right chemistry to put together important wins!

LC: Why did you choose BK Decin as your new team and didn't go back to the Magics?

Grier: I chose Decin as my new team because it is the next step for me in my career! Magics are 2nd league and Decin is 1st league so going to a higher level will be a tougher challenge so I'm very excited about the opportunity!

LC: What are your expectations for the upcoming season?

Grier: I only expect to give 110% everyday and hope for the best.This is the only thing I expect!

LC: What are your aims for the future in general?

Grier: My aims for the future is to just become a better basketball player!

Das Team von bedankt sich herzlich bei Rico Grier und wünscht Ihm für die Zukunft alles Gute und viel Erfolg.

Interview by Smash