Dru Joyce im Interview

• Offizieller Beitrag

Dru Joyce wurde am 29. Januar 1985 in Akron, im US Bundesstaat Ohio geboren. Der 1,82 m große und 76 kg schwere Point Guard spielte in seinem Heimatland für die University of Akron und steht seit 2007 in der Basketball-Bundesliga bei ratiopharm Ulm unter Vertrag. Am Rande der Begegnung GIANTS Düsseldorf - ratiopharm Ulm, konnte unser Moderator smash den smarten Dru Joyce für ein Interview gewinnen.

Dru, tell us something about your basketball career and what made you play basketball?

Well I have been playin ball now for 15 years, and its always been fun something I truly enjoy doing no matter what im going through in my life.

You participated in the new movie "More than a game" which is a documentation about your former high school team St.Vincent - St.Mary. How was your time with your teammates Sian Cotton,Willie McGee,LeBron James and Romeo Travis and what can we expect from that movie?

Those guys right there are my best friends and growing up with them and having all those memories togther is incredible, the fact that we still remain friends although life has taken us so many different directions over the past couple years makes it even better. I hope the movie breaks documentary records, its really a great life story way more than just basketball that people who aren't fans of sports can enjoy.

How proud did it make you to see yourself on screen and how was your trip to the film festivals in Toronto?

It was amazing through, a nervousness came over me seein my life played out over a big screen. The film festival itself was an extraordinary event something I will always remember.

You played summer league basketball for the Cleveland Cavaliers in Las Vegas. What kind of experiences did you make even though you didn't get much playing time?

Any chance you get I was always taught make the most of it. My playing time wasn't exactly the way I wanted it but I did get an oppurtunity and thats a good experience in itself.

You've just extended your contract in summer for one more year which means that you'll go into your second season with ratiopharm Ulm. Why did you decide to stay in Ulm?

I felt Ulm was a place where I could grow and develop as a player I felt Ulm was the best place for me to do that, and its a great challenge to try and lead a team no one on the outside expects great things from.

Your team has acquired a lot of new players during the offseason, do you think you'll be even better than last year?

We have a chance to be its about having the same mission and sticking to the steps it takes to get us to the top.

You started the season with three wins. Among others you captured a win in Bamberg. What's the secret of Ulm's success?

Thats easy this season we are not giving up the most points in the whole league. Me and coach talked alot during the end of last season and over the summer about becoming a better defensive team. We knew that was the key to taking this team to the next level.

Without aiming too high,what chance do you give the team to reach the playoffs?

I dont know any other way than to aim high this team has as good a chance as team in this league of making the playoffs. Dont be surprized if you see Ulm still playing at the end of May..lol

You missed the first two games due to injury which certainly had an impact yet on your performance in Duesseldorf. How long will it take for you to be back to a 100%?

Its a process Im coming off a torn ligament in my ankle from only two weeks rest, but the healing process is going well when the buzzer sounds for gametime I always feel Im at 100 %...!lol

What do you think where you'll be in a year?
    a) NBA
    b) European top club
    c) leading Ulm to become one of the number one clubs in Europe

Like I said in a earlier question I always aim high, makes me work that much harder, so I want to play in the NBA next season.

What do you miss most in Germany besides your family and friends?

My moms cooking, but really family and friends is so important to me thats there's nothing else I miss more than them

What do you like better in Germany than in the States?

Thats easy the autobahn...lol.

Lee's Corner bedankt sich recht herzlich bei Dru Joyce für dieses Interview.

• Kurz und knapp,aber dennoch gute Antworten und vor allem hat er schnell geantwortet. Ich hab ihm die Fragen gestern Abend geschickt und heute kam die E-Mail mit den Antworten und villain haut sie direkt raus.:O Ich könnte die Fragen und Antworten auch wieder ins Deutsche übersetzen,wenn jemand das gerne hätte. _blink

• Echt nettes Interview!
    Auch ich hoffte bei der einen Frage auf Antwort c ! _freuu2

Bei folgender Stelle musste ich richtig dick schmunzeln:

Zitat

... konnte unser Moderator smash den smarten Dry Joyce für ein Interview gewinnen.

_grin _grin _grin _grin

• also, das Interview wurde von SEINEM Manager (also mir) gar nicht authorisiert. 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o
    Auch die Zeile hat mich stutzig gemacht: "Am Rande der Begegnung GIANTS Düsseldorf - ratiopharm Ulm, konnte unser Moderator smash den smarten Dru Joyce für ein Interview gewinnen. " Wir bewachen die Spieler, da gibt es keine Chance auf einen Kontakt.

und drittens: Natürlich hat er C gesagt, war ein Übersetzungsfehler.

• Also vor mir hat den ein anderer Mann interviewt,ich hab mir ja nur die E-Mail-Adresse besorgt. Da habt ihr Dru wohl einfach vergessen und den draußen stehen lassen,Bewachung hab ich da jedenfalls keine sehen,kein Ulmer war mehr da. _grin

• Da denke ich mir:"Nehme ich doch mal einen Ulmer zum Interview,da ich jetzt Ulm-Fan bin." und dann kommen solche Unterstellungen. _grin
    Ich konnte ihn kurz vor der Kabine noch abfangen und ihm schnell sagen,wer ich bin und dass wir ein Interview machen. Ich war froh,dass er sich überhaupt noch die Minute genommen hat,weil er eigentlich in die Kabine musste. Der Mann,der Dru vor mir interviewt hat,brauchte für 5 Fragen irgendwie sehr lange,vielleicht hab ich das auch falsch mitbekommen. Wie gesagt,ich hab nur eine Minute gebraucht,da es nur um die Adresse ging,der Rest geschah dann ja per E-Mail. _blink